It's election time at Wilbarston Parish Council!
It takes all sorts!
- Do you want to do something positive for your community?
- Can you think, listen and act locally?
- Can you attend eleven evening meetings per year (on a Thursday)?
Elections to Wilbarston Parish Council will be held on 6 May 2021
There are over 10,000 parish councils representing around 16 million people across England. They form the most local level of government and cover many rural and urban areas. It is this tier that has the great advantage in making a real difference at community level.
Democratically elected, a local councils responsibilities are to:
- represent the local community
- deliver services to meet local needs
- improve the quality of life and wellbeing in the local area
It is really important that local councils have a range of councillors each with differing skills, qualities and abilities. A well crafted council is vital to the success of a community.
How to apply?
Any person over the age of 18 who is resident or works in the Wilbarston Parish can be a local councillor; your interest and enthusiasm is all that is required.
And, even if it is not for you, you can still play your part. If you know of any potential councillors, please pass on this information and encourage them to join.
If you would like to know more about joining the council, please contact any of the current councillors who are:
- Nick Richards - 01536 770351
- Andrew Smith – 01536 771033
- Rosalind Willatts - 01536 770875
- David James – 01536 770066
- Keith Walkling - 01536 771121
- Lawrence Dale - 01536 771543
- Ann Dowling - 01536 770086
- Tommy Kelly - 07762 002854
or the Clerk Becky Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 20:25 by Becky Jones