Your Community Still Needs You!
You can still play your part and join the council. Vacancies are available for co-option.
Your interest and enthusiasm is all that is required!
How to apply?
Any person over the age of 18 who is resident or works in the Wilbarston Parish can be a local councillor.
If you would like to know more about joining the council, please contact any of the current councillors who are:
- Nick Richards - 01536 770351
- Andrew Smith – 01536 771033
- Rosalind Willatts - 01536 770875
- David James – 01536 770066
- Lawrence Dale - 01536 771543
- Keith Walkling - 01536 771121
- Sacha Dalton – 01536 772490
or the Clerk Becky Jones at email@example.com
There are over 10,000 parish councils representing around 16 million people across England. They form the most local level of government and cover many rural and urban areas. It is this tier that has the great advantage in making a real difference at community level.
Democratically elected, a local councils responsibilities are to:
- represent the local community
- deliver services to meet local needs
- improve the quality of life and wellbeing in the local area
It is really important that local councils have a range of councillors each with differing skills, qualities and abilities. A well crafted council is vital to the success of a community.
But, even if it is not for you, if you know of any potential councillors, please pass on this information and encourage them to join.
Posted: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 11:38 by Becky Jones