Agenda Annual Full Council Meeting 12th August 2021
Thu, 05 Aug 2021
Agenda Annual Full Council Meeting 8th July 2021
Tue, 29 Jun 2021
The following is a statement of the persons nominated for election as a Parish Councillor for Wilbarston
Mon, 12 Apr 2021
1. An election is to be held of Councillors for Wilbarston Parish Council
2. Forms of nomination for the elections for the Parish listed above may be obtained by downloading and printing a copy from www.northnorthants.gov.uk, emailing email@example.com, telephoning 01536 410333 and asking to speak to a member of the elections team. Paper copies may be obtained from Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering NN15 7QX.
3. The Returning Officer will, at the request of any elector prepare a nomination paper for signature.
4. Nomination papers must be delivered by hand between 10am and 4pm to the Returning Officer, Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering, NN15 7QX from the date of publication of this notice (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays) but no later than 4 pm on Thursday, 8th April 2021. An appointment should be made in advance for the delivery of nomination papers by telephoning 01536 410333 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. An informal check of nomination papers may be requested prior to formal submission. Nomination papers to be checked informally may be scanned as a pdf file and submitted by email to email@example.com by no later than 4pm on Wednesday 7th April 2021. Formal submission of nomination papers must be made by hand as detailed at point 4 above.
6. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 6th May 2021.
7. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering NN15 7QX by 12 midnight on Monday 19th April 2021. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
8. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering NN15 7QX by 5 pm on Tuesday, 20th April 2021.
9. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering NN15 7QX by 5 pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021.
10. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering NN15 7QX by 5 pm on Thursday, 6th May 2021. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021.
Sat, 03 Apr 2021
It takes all sorts!
- Do you want to do something positive for your community?
- Can you think, listen and act locally?
- Can you attend eleven evening meetings per year (on a Thursday)?
Elections to Wilbarston Parish Council will be held on 6 May 2021
There are over 10,000 parish councils representing around 16 million people across England. They form the most local level of government and cover many rural and urban areas. It is this tier that has the great advantage in making a real difference at community level.
Democratically elected, a local councils responsibilities are to:
- represent the local community
- deliver services to meet local needs
- improve the quality of life and wellbeing in the local area
It is really important that local councils have a range of councillors each with differing skills, qualities and abilities. A well crafted council is vital to the success of a community.
How to apply?
Any person over the age of 18 who is resident or works in the Wilbarston Parish can be a local councillor; your interest and enthusiasm is all that is required.
And, even if it is not for you, you can still play your part. If you know of any potential councillors, please pass on this information and encourage them to join.
If you would like to know more about joining the council, please contact any of the current councillors who are:
- Nick Richards - 01536 770351
- Andrew Smith – 01536 771033
- Rosalind Willatts - 01536 770875
- David James – 01536 770066
- Keith Walkling - 01536 771121
- Lawrence Dale - 01536 771543
- Ann Dowling - 01536 770086
- Tommy Kelly - 07762 002854
or the Clerk Becky Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue, 23 Feb 2021
Agenda Full Council Meeting 11th February 2021
Thu, 04 Feb 2021
Agenda Full Council Meeting 10th December 2020
Wed, 02 Dec 2020
Agenda Full Council Meeting 11th June 2020
Wed, 03 Jun 2020
Employers Liability Certificate 2020-2021
Mon, 04 May 2020
Notice of Vacancy - Office of Councillor
Mon, 20 Apr 2020
Minutes Full Council Meeting 12th December 2019
Wed, 15 Jan 2020
Minutes Full Council Meeting 14th November 2019
Tue, 24 Dec 2019
Agenda Full Council Meeting 10th October 2019
Sun, 29 Sep 2019
NOTICE OF VACANCY
OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR
WILBARSTON PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
Pursuant to Section 87(b) of the Local Government Act 1972, a vacancy now exists in the office of Councillor for the Council.
If, within fourteen working days* of the date of this notice, a request for an election to fill the vacancy is made in writing to either:
The Returning Officer or The Clerk to the Parish Council
Kettering Borough Council, Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering, NN15 7QX
1 Castle Road, Wellingborough, NN8 1LL
By TEN electors for the Parish, an election will be held to fill the vacancy. If no such request is received the Parish Council may fill the vacancy by co-option.
Dated: 28th February 2019.
* Calculated according to electoral legislation to be 20th March 2019.
Fri, 22 Feb 2019